FORUM  

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Neophyte
    Locn
    Gandhinagar India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Default Work experience related query

Hello,

I am Anupriya.

Work ex as a visiting faculty at an engg college will count as a valid work ex ???

Waiting...

know a little about a lot sreekanth_1212's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times
    in 4 Posts

they may not consider it
    Owner and CEO Of Create Online Life - Live On Blogs

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Hello. I am Parth Mehta. To give a quick introduction about myself, I graduate 3 years back in Commerce stream and scored decent. Having my own family business, I had place fixed in our own firm. So, I’ve been working under my father and the business partner. Honestly, the business is going well, but it doesn’t quite satisfy me. I would like to go on about with a post graduate degree – MBA in Finance (from Australia preferably) and expand my horizon and I really want to step out of my comfort zone. So, can you suggest me colleges for the same? Also, I’m soon going to take up a date for GMAT, so tell me roughly how much time will it take me to finish studying and score well? And at last, would my application be considered as I have experience of 3 years?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

There is no need to worry. There are several good bschools out there which you would want to opt for. Considering Australia, I would definitely recommend Melbourne Business School, S P Jain Global and University of Sydney. These 3 are really good and I can confidently recommend them as I had applied for these too at my time. I made it through S P Jain Global but couldn’t really take up the course due to family crisis. However, check out the sites for all the 3 to know better.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

What about GMAT? When should I ideally schedule my test date? Also, do S P Jain accept GMAT scores?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Yes yes! They accept GMAT. But yeah, the cut off is really high for all these bschools as they have really good candidates applying every year. So to get into them, you need an exceptional score. And considering that fact that you work, I would suggest you to take up the test in September as most of the colleges start their application from October. That way, you have enough time to study and you can apply freshly for the next year’s intake. All the best, do well!

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

And what about my experience? Will these colleges consider experience of one’s family business? What about that?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I am not really aware about that. So you can visit the websites or reach out to an alumni! That’s all I can say as of now! I’m sure they’d have helpline numbers too. You can simply give a call and confirm your doubt in minutes. However, all I can tell you for sure is that all these bschools require experience. Minimum of 2 – 3 years. I hope your experience is considered. All the best and I really hope you get what you desire!

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Thanks Arushi. I hope you reply next time around too if I have any queries! Thanks again!

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Yeah that will count we at Jaro Education entertain visiting faculty.