FORUM  

TestFunda will be down for maintenance on Tuesday, 04th April 2017 from 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM.

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Default All about the GMAT exam, admissions, B-schools, students and alumni

Know why and how students just like you opted for MBA in India. Get real insights from real students on financing options, study strategies for the GMAT exam etc through these student videos GMAT Study India, Preparation, Part Time MBA, GMAT Practice

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

There are no tricks that can help one sail through the GMAT exam. Fortunately, there's a tried and tested mantra. Start early and pace yourself. Here are some GMAT study strategies that can help students stay on track while preparing. Prepare for the GMAT®

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Nothing makes you a confident test-taker better than going through the experience itself before the D-day. GMAT Prep Software comes with 2 free tests, including 90 free questions, tools to create your own practice question set, a step-by-step guide for preparing for the GMAT exam and much more. Take the free tests before starting to prepare for the exam to know your strengths and weaknesses or amidst the preparation to see if you are on track or just before your testdate to gain confidence. Free GMATPrep® Software

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Default GMAT- Ask the School Experts

Mr. Parimal Merchant, Head of Admission, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) talks on why Sustainability & Social Responsibility make perfect business sense for management education aspirants? Sustainability & Social Responsibility: Why do these make perfect business sense for management education aspirants? « Ask the Expert

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Does ISB accept GMAT scores below 600? What if someone does not have 3 years work experience?

GMAT is not mandatory for any B school in India. Can you give me one reason why should I take it?

Is preparing for CAT enuff to get through GMAT. I know all the essays and stuff but what about the core english and math sections

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I am keen on pursuing an MBA but I am not sure about the college that I would like to do it from.

I am preparing for CAT but I am not sure whether I should prepare for GMAT as well. Does taking GMAT improve my chances of getting into a good B School?

I have heard about ISB. Do they accept only GMAT scores?

Kindly answer my queries so that I can start preparing for the exams

Stranger
    Locn
    Ahmednagar India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angel03 View Post
    I am keen on pursuing an MBA but I am not sure about the college that I would like to do it from.

I am preparing for CAT but I am not sure whether I should prepare for GMAT as well. Does taking GMAT improve my chances of getting into a good B School?

IIMs and JBIMS are the best colleges in India according to me. You can give CAT for IIMs and CMAT for JBIMS. Many MBA colleges in India take admissions through GMAT so you can give GMAT if you want. ISB takes only GMAT scores

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shaan24 For This Useful Post:

TheOfficialGMAT (02-Nov-12)

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Does ISB accept GMAT scores below 600? What if someone does not have 3 years work experience?

GMAT is not mandatory for any B school in India. Can you give me one reason why should I take it?

Is preparing for CAT enuff to get through GMAT. I know all the essays and stuff but what about the core english and math sections
    Hi,
    Pls keep in mind that the GMAT score is not the only parameter considered while evaluating a student's admission. A number of other factors like transcripts, work experience, essays, interviews etc are taken into consideration by the admission professionals.
    Regarding the cut-off for each school it would be advisable to go to the school website and check the details.
    Also refer to this link for schools that accept GMAT scores as a mandate. ISB is one of them.
    GMAT Exams, Scores Accepting Schools, Colleges, Institutes in India
    It has an elaborate bifurcation of schools that accept GMAT exclusively and schools that accept GMAT as one of the entrance tests.
    A single GMAT score can open doors of more than 5000 programmes at more than 1500 universities and organizations around the world.
    We would also like to stress upon the fact that every entrance exam measures different levels of competencies. The GMAT exam measures verbal, mathematical, integrated reasoning and analytical writing skills that you have developed in your education and work. So it would not be wise to compare the GMAT exam with any other exam. Precisely, that is the reason they have different study materials for each exam.

Prepare for the GMAT®

We wish you all the best.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOfficialGMAT For This Useful Post:

icepsray (03-Nov-12)

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

ISB has an official admissions page where it addresses queries from aspirants. You might want to take a look at it. Here's the link - The ISB Interactive Search
    Last edited by TestFunda; 02-Nov-12 at 4:16 PM.

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Nothing's like getting all your career-related questions answered by an expert. Jacqueline Brito from Rollins College answers the frequently and not-so-frequently asked questions on B School admissions, financial aid etc. Have a question in mind? Ask the expert.School Expert Q&A: Rollins College

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Nagpur India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Sir, I have been told that we can appear for the GMAT exam only if we have got a working experience of atleast 5 years . Is that true ? I have graduated this year in Engg and no work experience yet. Kindly give a clear insight on this aspect.

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tania460 View Post
    Sir, I have been told that we can appear for the GMAT exam only if we have got a working experience of atleast 5 years . Is that true ? I have graduated this year in Engg and no work experience yet. Kindly give a clear insight on this aspect.
    Hi
    The GMAT exam does not require any work experience. There are some schools who in addition to a GMAT score demand work experience. However, to appear for the GMAT test you need not have any experience at all. The GMAT scores are valid upto 5 years. Kindly download the GMAT handbook to understand the exam and its requirements better. GMAT® Handbook

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Default MBA Chat with Columbia Business School

How an MBA can put you on the path to launching your own business? Ask the Expert Live on Twitter. Join @OfficialGMAT and Columbia Business School (@ColumbiaMBA) on Twitter on November 14th in a conversation to set you on the road to entrepreneurship. MBAChat

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Shomi Aggarwal, an MBA student from IIM Lucknow, shares his personal experience in financing his B School education. Watch Video.

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Nanzaneen offers her personal study strategy for a successful GMAT score. GMAT student videos GMAT Study India, Preparation, Part Time MBA, GMAT Practice

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times
    in 2 Posts

@tania460
    Hi Tanya i have taken up Gmat and scored 710. What i would say is though GMAT doesn't require working experience for taking up exams, the colleges for which you would apply definitely need. All colleges in India accepting GMAT score require minimum 2 years of working experience including ISB,great lakes barring for IMT Ghaziabad.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to icepsray For This Useful Post:

TheOfficialGMAT (21-Nov-12)

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

The Premium GMAT Study Collection with study materials for each test section, and 2,000+ questions from real, retired GMAT exams helps you make the the most of your study time. Home

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Learn about Early Advantage Programme, conversion of percentage into GPA for Indian students looking for a management degree abroad from our school expert, Jaqueline Brito, Crummer Graduate School of Business School Expert Q&A: Rollins College

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Get to know what lies ahead the GMAT exam. Watch our Student Bloggers share their perspectives on the classroom, internships, careers, life in school, and more.
    Meet Our Student Video Bloggers

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times
    in 2 Posts

Hi I have a score of 710 and 2 years of experience in IT company. With loads of extra curricular certificates. Can you give a brutally honest opinion about my chances in any Indian colleges?
    I also have colleges ranked between 30 to 50 in US on my mind.
    God doesn't play dice with the universe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast