FORUM  

TestFunda will be down for maintenance on Thursday, 03rd August 2017 from 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM.

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Thread: mba after bcom

Stranger
    Locn
    Bareilly India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Default mba after bcom

Hey Friends, I am an aspiring MBA student.
    I am doing my B.COM from Rohilkhand University of Bareilly(U.P.), a State Govt. University. I expect to pass B.COM with an overall aggregate of 60% or above. I have secured 92% in Class10,CBSE and 80% in Class12,CBSE board.
    My question to you all is that :- With this kind of academic profile, do I stand chances of selection in Top10-15 MBA colleges of India even if I perform exceptionally well in CAT(say 96 percentile and above) and perform well in GD and PI as well? Will I be able to even shortlisted and thereafter, considered for final admission?
    Please give practical answers closer to the ground reality. I am in a great dilemma waiting eagerly for your thoughtful replies. Please also suggest possible options regarding MBA abroad.
    Hope you reply soon. Thank you.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Ahmedabad India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Hello there! I have done my graduation in Bcom and I have around 4 years of experience in supply chain management. To add a bit more of a weightage to my CV and enhance growth, I want to take a step ahead with MBA. The dilemma is, weather to take up and EMBA or a GMBA. I am a resident of Dubai and S P Jain Global is one of the finest colleges around here which makes me keen to get a degree from there! Back to the question- which of the two would be more helpful? EMBA or GMBA?*

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

EMBA and GMBA both lie on the same page. The only difference I can think of is the duration of the course. GMBA wraps up in an years time. Ie. 4 months in each of the cities (Dubai, Singapore and Sydney). EMBA is comparatively the longer one as it juggles your acads along with your current job!

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I believe there is a huge difference between the two courses. GMBA follows a tri city module but EMBA doesn’t. EMBA has a fixed location which can be one of the 3 cities

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

There are other colleges in Dubai as well. You may want to keep your options open.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Ahmedabad India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Still in the initial phases of deciding what I want to do. Doing a detailed research before I reach a conclusion. But thanks will keep your advise in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by neeraj.b View Post
    There are other colleges in Dubai as well. You may want to keep your options open.

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

See, the thing here is not about which course is the better one. It highly depends on whether you want to give up on your current job or not. If you are willing to give up, you can always opt for a GMBA. Placement opportunities for GMBA are magnificent I heard.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Ahmedabad India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Okay fair enough. Thank you for your time! I will definitely think over it!*