FORUM  

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Locn
    City Not Set India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    No not for all because everybody deserves to be equal... every field is a challenge.
    We can't judge in the basis of field.
    The knowledge and skills matter.
    What about those who struggled so hard and not get selected in IT companies?
    If we measure all in equal then we all achieve success.

sweetsimpleraj's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    City Not Set India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    Since middle school years,Indian parents start hammering into their kids the advantages of securing the coveted IIT seat. It is no doubt that any student who has been through our system of education must have aspired for gaining admission into any one of the IITs. The popularity of these institutes among parents and students alike, can be attributed to the fact that they have the most erudite and skilled teaching squad. Most of the IITs in India boast of professors who have obtained their Post Graduate degree from prestigious universities abroad. Naturally, the selection procedure followed by these institutes is very rigorous and most of the aspirants get filtered out in the entrance exam conducted specifically for this. Ergo, only the truly ambitious person who strives and works hard on clearing the entrance exam gets through and the hype that surrounds the IITs ,with respect to the exceedingly difficult entrance exam, the institute, placements etc is justified

stolenjelly's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    I feel IIT is best at engineering and technology field in India as the ranking criteria of different agencies. Similarly, there are other colleges which are good at their respective fields. Since in the past the opportunities were limited to engineering, medical so career aspiration was also limited for the students community . Very few wanted to excel in other areas. As other opportunities are also coming up students are aspiring for other institutions as well. However if we want to go for engineering then IIT is obviously the first choice along with a handful of institutes like BITS pilani or so. From global point of view IIts still have lots to improve. Since rank wise IIT has the reputation over regional colleges in quality education and Infrastructure so projects come to IITs , good brands come to IITs .

abhinab12's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    City Not Set India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    obvious bcoz from iit our indiA CAN achive so many goals

pankajjotwani's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    they are not overhyped. The level they have is the best in the country.

harjit's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    I tried to put my view on the debate with following points

1. IITs are hyped because of the selection ratio, student who get into IIT and the number of student who are willing to get into the IITs, there is a huge difference.

2. Lack of good institution in other fields, consider the caser of a student who graduated from prosperous institution like IIT and a student who had graduated from non engineering backgroung, in the latter case it is really hard to get a good paying job because of the lack of employment (very few production companies) in our country.

3. A student of engineering with non IIT background had a very little scope of having a practical knowledge as compared to IITS, as the quality of professors is not upto the mark, here i am not accusing the professors but the system that our countrymen are following, the education system of our country is much more theoritical as compared to practical and because of the increasing competition parents as well as student also much more focussed onto the theoritical knwoledge as compared to practical knowledge

4. Because of the quality education which is a backbone of long alumni queue

grebakshay's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    I think it really deserves it,as the quality of education they provide is remarkable it is being hyped bcoz, it gives a student career prospects better than any other institution available in india till date.one cant just get into it or happened to be got admitted ,one must have to be at par with the level it has so, if somebody cracked it he proved his strength and showed that he or she can better exploit the the given facilities by govt of india and will be helping in shaping the future of india technically.

pushkarsri's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Quote Originally Posted by pushkarsri View Post
    For :
    I think it really deserves it,as the quality of education they provide is remarkable it is being hyped bcoz, it gives a student career prospects better than any other institution available in india till date.one cant just get into it or happened to be got admitted ,one must have to be at par with the level it has so, if somebody cracked it he proved his strength and showed that he or she can better exploit the the given facilities by govt of india and will be helping in shaping the future of india technically.

pushkarsri's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here
    shaping India's future?
    This statement is not in accordance with the current stats which confirm the well known truth that more than half of the iitian's go abroad,work there,so technically they aren't glorifying India,instead they use indian resources to improve the workpower of developed countries.

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Rudrapur India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    since, iits are controlled by government, there should be discrimination also. I do not know why is this happening. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar siad that " If i found misusing the democracy, i should be the first to burn it down". Just think that if we "the people" having the rights to build government then we also have the right to stop it.

rishabh24's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    Noida India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    Though clearing IIT-JEE is not a child's play and i personally appreciate those meritorious students but we all know that every child has different levels and capabilities.For example if somebody does his B.Tech from a private college and performs well in competitions like GATE,PSU exams ,CAT etc then the gap between an IIT and a private college gets bridged.So concluding my view i must say that, what matters more is the hardwork and dedication of a student in his 4 years of engineering rather than his college.

AKANSHASRI's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    Jamshedpur India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

*Conclusion*
    Overhyped is just an adjective given by people. Iits are said to be overhyped but they aren't because the importance and fame iitians get is deserved by them. iits dont post commercials or go after students like private ones , they have built their reputation since years of success through indian students. And now when they have earned it no one deserve the right to undertag it as overhyped.They are not overhyped,its the students dreaming of it who hype this instituton,whether the get through it or not.

Stranger
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    Ofcourse.In amid of educational hubs of world it doesnot hold a good rank.
    Teachers are bot up to mark.
    Most Students who take admission are just to secure future and has no zeal of research in there field.
    Many private istitutions like BITS which has changed there course structure as per industry need ehereas IITs not have upgraded a part in last decade.

arshad@jmi's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Neophyte
    Locn
    Khammam India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

Against :
    not like that,,

ravikanthsharma's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Locn
    Bhubaneshwar India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

For :
    yaaa iit are overhyped...everyone is interested to join iit not because of the type of education it gives rather iit names are more preferrable than the other colleges where the quality of level is very high...Satya Nadella,CEO of MICROSOFT wasn't an iitian but a remarkeable figure...so every colleges should be rated by the level of education it provides

manoranjanpattanaik's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Stranger
    Locn
    trivandrum India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Post Are IITs Overhyped?

I think the discussion should have started - with a few discussions clarifying what is real, what is hype and what is overhype.
    Themes :
    A.OverHype Definition: To me overhype is when the perception of a brand/product is much greater than what it delivers?
    B. How do you measure IITs (and other Engineering Colleges & universities)-success? -> Is it through the quality of students/alumni it produces ? If that is the case of what is the success rate of an alumni versus other colleges - What is the overall success rate versus few individual high success rates? Short term -thorugh placements , long term through success of the alumnis.
    C.How is this 'hype'/overhype created- I believe it is mainly because of the one news that comes every year- "An IITian getting the highest placement figure"- Usually I see one from IIT Kharagpur being offered a 1 crore or 60 Lakh package every placement season and that creates a national hype.But what about the other IITians- What is the average placement ?

D.IIT attracts top most analytics talent in the country-But How much of transformation does IIT bring to a set of students who are probably the brightest to begin with ? Do they turn from being bright students to exceptional professionals.