FORUM  

TestFunda will be down for maintenance on Thursday, 01st June 2017 from 08:30 AM to 10:00 AM.

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Virtuoso
    Locn
    New Delhi India
    Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    in 4 Posts

Default One Year VS Two Year MBA Program

Student Blogger, Tom Tao, an MBA student at the Richard Ivey School of Business, discusses the tradeoffs between a one year and two year MBA program. One Year VS Two Year MBA Program - YouTube

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

this is nice really helpful video. i was planning to join welingkar distance learning for 2 years. thank to you now i am planning to join their one year diploma program.... thanks again.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Agreed. This is really nice video. but I have already enrolled for Welingkar Distance MBA program offered by Eins Education which is a 2 year MBA programs.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Jaipur India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Great video. Though I am not an MBA students, I prefer 2 year course. I am going for GATE this year

Neophyte
    Locn
    Chandigarh India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I have been working in a Mumbai based IT firm called Eccentric Engine as senior team manager for the past 4 years. I am pretty satisfied with the kind of clients I handle but I feel my career is pretty stagnant right now. I want to reach the higher level in the organization and hence I was thinking of pursuing my MBA and mostly from abroad. But at the same time taking a 2 year break for pursuing MBA seems to be quite inconvenient, also I am not sure if taking a 1 year MBA course would prove to be less useful for me. Can someone please suggest me what to take up?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Noida India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I have myself pursued a two year MBA course and there are many of my colleagues who have done 1 year MBA. I would give you my honest opinion; 2 years of MBA wont be any different from a 1 year course. My colleagues who have pursued a one year program are at the same level as me, but what is important is to get the MBA degree from a decent college for getting up the ladder.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Chandigarh India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Okay, I get your point but can you tell me the benefits of a 1 year program?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Noida India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

See, first of all 1 year programs are for people with more than 3 years of work experience, which you already have. People with higher work experience dont need to invest a lot of time in MBA as they already know their industry pretty well. 1 year is enough for them to understand the concepts. Moreover, you would directly be able to apply your knowledge within a year which would prove to be very effective.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Chandigarh India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

One last question. Can you please suggest me some colleges in abroad which offer 1 year MBA programs?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Noida India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

My colleagues who have pursued their 1 year program are from Macquire University, Wharton School, S P Jain School of global management and Nanyang. They are pretty good colleges according to me.

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

2 year MBA program will be more effective as it will involve more activities which will sharpen your skills.