FORUM  

TestFunda will be down for maintenance on Thursday, 03rd August 2017 from 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM.

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Stranger
    Locn
    Nagpur India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Default Effect of GAP on MBA placements

Hello Everyone. Does a candidate face any risk of placements in MBA college if he has a gap of 2.5 years after graduation ? Does it hamper his chances of getting selected in a decent firm?

Second Question: I have scored 113 in MBA-CET 2014, Maharashtra. I belong to nagpur. State general rank->1295
    State Category rank-> 105.
    Category-> SBC (OBC)
    What are my chances of getting good MBA colleges in Mumbai and pune? Which all Colleges can I convert if I try my chances till CAP round 2?

Stranger
    Locn
    Chicago United States (U.S.)
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Nice post!

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Hi friends. I have done my Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai, and I am planning to apply for the masters program in S P Jain school of Global management. However the thing is that after completing my BMS I had taken a gap for a year. I am concerned about the fact that will this gap have an effect during my placements? Should I work for a year and build my CV? Or should I not wait and apply for the next term itself. Please give me your inputs guys.

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arunmehta1234 View Post
    Hi friends. I have done my Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai, and I am planning to apply for the masters program in S P Jain school of Global management. However the thing is that after completing my BMS I had taken a gap for a year. I am concerned about the fact that will this gap have an effect during my placements? Should I work for a year and build my CV? Or should I not wait and apply for the next term itself. Please give me your inputs guys.
    Hi. During placements they might just ask you what have you done during your break. Apart from that it shouldn’t be an issue. You can work till the time you get an admission.

Regards,
    Sunil Singh
    Edumentor

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunilsingh1234 View Post
    Hi. During placements they might just ask you what have you done during your break. Apart from that it shouldn’t be an issue. You can work till the time you get an admission.

Regards,
    Sunil Singh
    Edumentor
    Yes but I was just travelling during the break. I don’t have any work experience.

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arunmehta1234 View Post
    Yes but I was just travelling during the break. I don’t have any work experience.
    Agreed. But the courses is for students with no or low work experience. However if you feel that you need to work on building your CV you can gain some work experience. What you can also do is check with the college if you can defer your admission to the next term. So in that case if you really enjoy your job you can continue working there and go for the masters program later.
    Regards,
    Sunil Singh
    Edumentor

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunilsingh1234 View Post
    Agreed. But the courses is for students with no or low work experience. However if you feel that you need to work on building your CV you can gain some work experience. What you can also do is check with the college if you can defer your admission to the next term. So in that case if you really enjoy your job you can continue working there and go for the masters program later.
    Regards,
    Sunil Singh
    Edumentor
    Oh ya, I could do that. Thank you for your input.

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

In order to overcome the gap issue you need to tell them that you didn't waste time. You can say i used to study online.