FORUM  

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times
    in 792 Posts

Post Puzzle #455 - Dragon and the poisoned wells

Puzzle #455 - Dragon and the poisoned wells

Click on the above link to view the resource

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Knight chose highest numbered well he could (6 at first go)

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Well, it's a given that the dragon is going to get water from the seventh well of hell...err...of the island, i mean. So if the knight wants to live, he's gotta poison himself first. Get some water from any lower numbered well and get himself nice and poisoned and walk up to the duel and drink the antidote that the dumb lizard has gone through such lengths to procure.
    Now killing the dragon, that's a totally different matter. We know that no matter what poison we give the dragon, the first thing it's going to do after drinking it will be to fly to well number 7 and drink the water to neutralisethe poison. There is only one way then to kill it. The knight cannot bring with him any poison well water. As soon as the dragon drinks the normal water, he will fly himself to well number seven and take a big gulp what he thinks is a life saving antidote. But then he would be wrong. And since nothing can neutralise well number sevens poison, that bird brained lizards gonna die a shameful death.
    But how could the knight implement this? We don't know if there is any other source of water in the island. But the knight would know...he lives there for gods sake! If he could find some normal water, he should take that. If there is no other source of water then maybe the knight could go to two different wells and get some water and mix it and give that to the dragon. But we can't say for certain if mixing the waters will neutralise the poison since the instructions say that you have to *drink* a higher numbered wells water. So maybe collect a lot of dew drops or find a way to distill sea water.

But frankly, if i was the dragon, I would sneakily procure water from well 1 and watch well number 6. So, no matter what the knight poisons himself with, i will not be giving him an antidote. No matter what poison the knight gives i can counteract it with well number 6s water unless the poison is from well number 6 which is why i am watching well number 6. If he does bring me water from well 6, i will fly to well 7 after i take the antidote. If he does not bring water from well 6 then i will drink from well 6 and fly to well 7 and wait. If he has poisoned me then, the effect has been counteracted but if he hasn't, i will just wait by well 7 with a glass of its water. If it seems like I'm about to die, i will drink from well 7 and counteract the poison i had in my system. So that's that.
    So really...this is a gamble tipped in favour of the dragon. But heck...rather than go through all this, I would just burn the idiot knoght to a crisp while he's distacted with a glass a poisoned water and not drink whatever he brought me. I am a dragon, i don't play by the rules! I make them!! Bwahahahaha!