FORUM  

TestFunda will be down for maintenance on Thursday, 03rd August 2017 from 08:30 AM to 10:30 AM.

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times
    in 797 Posts

Exclamation IMP. ANNOUNCEMENT: Immediate end to the contest around BCCI’s ongoing T20 Tournament

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We have received a legal notice from BCCI lawyers asking us to stop our contest about predicting the best performing players for the BCCI’s ongoing T20 Tournament. We have been informed that “your online quiz has not been licensed by the BCCI-CLT20” and we must immediately stop it.

For those who are not aware of the contest, it involved predicting the best players for every day of the tournament:
    - highest scorer
    - highest wicket taker
    - batsman with the highest strike rate
    - batsman with maximum sixes
    - bowler with the best economy rate
    There were small prizes like t-shirts, backpacks, rewards points etc for each day’s leaders, each week’s cumulative leaders and the overall leaders.

Though our contest was intended just for fun, not for commercial exploitation, we have decided to comply with the BCCI’s legal notice. Our apologies for stopping this contest midway. In compliance with the notice we have
    1. Removed all banners mentioning the contest, or using the tournament name
    2. Removed all articles giving details of the contest or using the name of the tournament
    3. Removed the forum threads mentioning the contest or giving the listing of user choices for the contest
    Once again our apologies for the abrupt end to this fun activity.

Sincerely,
    TestFunda Team
    Last edited by TestFunda; 16-Oct-09 at 2:04 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TestFunda For This Useful Post:

subhi.saurabh (16-Oct-09)

Virtuoso
    Thanks
    Thanked 305 Times
    in 203 Posts

This is sick and atrocious from BCCI.
    But I guess nothing can be done about it

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times
    in 3 Posts

Thumbs down BCCI management : The worst in the playing field.

The lawyers think that by imposing ban on the contest they will force TF to license the contest and thus provide extra cash in the BCCI kitty.

But, this will only lead to negative publicity of the ongoing CLT20 tournament.

The lawyers should have thought of this contest as a positive point for the Champions league tournament and as a fun providing medium for the TF users.

Damn.

You can't handle the truth.......

Master
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yashd View Post
    The lawyers think that by imposing ban on the contest they will force TF to license the contest and thus provide extra cash in the BCCI kitty.

But, this will only lead to negative publicity of the ongoing CLT20 tournament.

The lawyers should have thought of this contest as a positive point for the Champions league tournament and as a fun providing medium for the TF users.

Damn.

I completely agree dude! The contest was actually fun! They should have understood that it was in truth harmless fun... in fact i think they could even be benefiting by the importance given to them on this site!

Master
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TestFunda View Post
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
    We have received a legal notice from BCCI lawyers asking us to stop our contest about predicting the best performing players for the BCCI’s ongoing T20 Tournament. We have been informed that “your online quiz has not been licensed by the BCCI-CLT20” and we must immediately stop it.

For those who are not aware of the contest, it involved predicting the best players for every day of the tournament:
    - highest scorer
    - highest wicket taker
    There were small prizes like t-shirts, backpacks, rewards points etc for each day’s leaders, each week’s cumulative leaders and the overall leaders.

Though our contest was intended just for fun, not for commercial exploitation, we have decided to comply with the BCCI’s legal notice. Our apologies for stopping this contest midway. In compliance with the notice we have
    2. Removed all articles giving details of the contest or using the name of the tournament
    3. Removed the forum threads mentioning the contest or giving the listing of user choices for the contest

Sincerely,
    TestFunda Team
    It was fun while it lasted........
    Last edited by TestFunda; 16-Oct-09 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

Well read it just now....i dont have words to explain the anger that i am having...what does BCCI think of itself..this is monopolising of cricket...i think they should charge people who tell scores to their friends when they are not able to watch the match so that we can have *****(sponsor name) tell a score....what about other cricket sites which have proper fantasy games ..the last moment i checked they were still there , probably TF was a soft target...on a day when one of India's most respectable player is dropped like use and throw ..can't expect much...sorry for my views.....last would like to thanks TF for such a contest and to all the users who made it happen till the time it was there....
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

Virtuoso
    Locn
    Bengaluru / Bangalore India
    Thanks
    Thanked 9 Times
    in 6 Posts

WHAT THE HELL ??
    This contest was so much fun...and not to forget the awesome prizes !!
    I agree with Yash and Sameer... this is just for cash and publicity !!!
    i just wanna know how did it affect them anyway ? It was only a game to us... next we shall have to get a license to cheer for a team during a match !!

urrgghhhhh !!

Thanks

BCCI sacks Prasad n Robin Singh without consulting to captain/coach (as per tv news channels).. BCCI's spokesperson comes in media says young players are not worried by their dismal performance...these are just some examples of irresponsible pathetic BCCI which came to my mind..

basically CLT20 is not a huge success as We see empty stands in many matches... BCCI's such actions wont help BCCI in any way but it will hurt feelings of many ppl like me... I hav actually started hating CLT20 now

Thanks
    Thanked 113 Times
    in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TestFunda View Post
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

- highest scorer
    - highest wicket taker

Sincerely,
    TestFunda Team
    What rubbish is this????

What has the BCCI stooped down to? Dont they have nething better to do than pick on a harmless little competition that popularised their stupid competition!!! I mean who the hell cared bout this stupid CLT20 thing until TF announced their competition? I mean most of the participants of the TF Challenge watched CLT20 only coz of this competition!! I, personally, was never a cricket fan. But always appreciated TestFunda's efforts to help us have a few lighter moments during our CAT prep!

There are more pressing issues that the BCCI can concentrate on! Match fixing, betting, pathetic shows put on by out-of-form "world class" players to name a few!! This sweet, little contest that publicised their event was the last thing for them to pick on!

I don't think I'll be watching cricket for a really long time!! Thank you BCCI for breaking so many hearts!!! WE HATE YOU!!!

Last edited by TestFunda; 16-Oct-09 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

The day is not far when one man named Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar says adieu to cricket and then i think i wont be watching cricket again with the zeal that i do now...and i am sure i am not alone in this
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 13 Times
    in 13 Posts

This is extremely atrocious. The only reason I kept abreast of the scores and who won the match was because of TF's Contest.

Sumit and PRincess summarised everything that I feel nicely. THIS IS CALLED MONOPOLIZING THE GAME.

We'll have to stop gully cricket as well, cause the BCCI did not license that either!!!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 6 Times
    in 4 Posts

Default I am speechless and beyond words with anger

I am dumbfounded! BCCI has lost its mind They should realize that they were the ones benefitting by this:
    1. Getting publicity, interest and awareness in the ongoing tournament
    2. Getting people to actually watch it

I am not sure how many of the TF junta would have watched it if it were not for the contest!

We can and should use the power of the internet to create awareness and generate public opinion. We need to protest against this extremely stupid step by BCCI !

I have a few suggestions:
    1. I just saw TestFunda's tweet on this: on www.Twitter.com/TestFunda : Legal notice by BCCI to @TestFunda leads to abrupt end of fun contest about T20 Tournament. #TFbcci Legal notice by BCCI to TestFunda leads to abrupt end of fun contest about T20.

We should retweet that post as well as ask all our friends to retweet it as a protest.

2. We should protest about this in our blogs or ask our blogger friends to protest about it.

3. We should post this article on the internet as far and wide as possible: FaceBook, StumbleUpon, Digg, PG Forums, wherever else you can think of...

4. What else? I am hopping mad and am not able to think clearly! Guys you come up with more ideas

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manish For This Useful Post:

nipunkesari (16-Oct-09), Sanyx (16-Oct-09), sumit2goody (16-Oct-09)

Virtuoso
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Default BCCI, what hast thou done?!!

Another example of the callous attitude of the cash-rich BCCI. I think that TF's contest had propelled most of us to keep up even with those matches in which no Indian team was playing. The competition was healthy and fun: nothing that could possibly have deserved a warning.
    This hurts but there's nothing we can do about it.

know a little about a lot sreekanth_1212's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times
    in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bell_the_cat View Post
    This is extremely atrocious. The only reason I kept abreast of the scores and who won the match was because of TF's Contest.

Sumit and PRincess summarised everything that I feel nicely. THIS IS CALLED MONOPOLIZING THE GAME.

We'll have to stop gully cricket as well, cause the BCCI did not license that either!!!
    i agree with u
    Owner and CEO Of Create Online Life - Live On Blogs

know a little about a lot sreekanth_1212's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times
    in 4 Posts

nonetheless we hav other contests to participate
    keep rocking
    Owner and CEO Of Create Online Life - Live On Blogs

Thanks
    Thanked 12 Times
    in 11 Posts

Post IMP. ANNOUNCEMENT: Immediate end to the contest around BCCI’s ongoing T20 Tournament

No wonder India never won a world cup after 1983,

BCCI instead of popularizing Cricket goes after sites that are doing it for them.

TestFunda, rocks,

If not cricket, we can start for football!! i am sure many people over here follow football!!

Virtuoso
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Unhappy cant help!!!

Hi TF,
    The contest was just 4 fun and we all know you cant do anything but stop.But your innovation of contests dont end here.Continue your good run n we all r there to support n take part in all other competitons which are not related to BCCI..

Virtuoso
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilsavio View Post
    No wonder India never won a world cup after 1983,

BCCI instead of popularizing Cricket goes after sites that are doing it for them.

TestFunda, rocks,

If not cricket, we can start for football!! i am sure many people over here follow football!!
    Well thats a good suggestion....

Thanks
    Thanked 21 Times
    in 13 Posts

a few things from TF junta to BCCI

Virtuoso
    Thanks
    Thanked 12 Times
    in 8 Posts

Angry BCCI get a life!!!!!

OMG this contest totally kept me hooked on to THE T20... honestly im not a diligent follower of cricket neither is it my religion jus btw I only watch cricket when India is playing a final….my only aim is to clear the CAT... this contest was like a breath of fresh air and it is the only contest that actually took me to the screen to watch THE T20 match.... also thank u testfunda for having this contest and please try and bring it back!!!! this is horrible news first thing in the morning!!! BCCI get a life!!!