FORUM  

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ENGINEER
    Thanks
    Thanked 84 Times
    in 51 Posts

Post Online Debate #03 - Modern India still believes in superstitions and astrology.

For :
    Quote Originally Posted by ankurganjoo View Post
    Against :
    coming to astrology ...we can 't completely overrule wheter it is correct or not....but i beleive instead of bothering abt wht will happen 2morow ,we should live in today...if we are able to make our 2day beter ,our future ll be bright ...god krishna has said in Bhagwat Gita"do u work and leave the fruit of your action to god" always giv ur best ...why to boter abt astrology...

ankurganjoo's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here
    I think the question is whether the modern India believes in Astrology or not in this context it is yes.I think we cannot question about how correct astrological prediction is or some other related things.

sbharathindia's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here
    I will Rise and rise until I can clear CAT.

ENGINEER
    Thanks
    Thanked 84 Times
    in 51 Posts

Post Online Debate #03 - Modern India still believes in superstitions and astrology.

For :
    Quote Originally Posted by iim_or_bust View Post
    Against :
    Though one can see that during the eclipse everyone goes a little crazy and one hears all sorts of things in the newspaper(i would say it is similar to the Friday the 13th scare of the west) education has changed quite a bit. no longer do people worry about curses or wonder if they should do a najjar nikal ne ka pooja so that their house is safe

iim_or_bust's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

I think the poojas before a person goes to a newly bought house is quite common even in Urban India.

sbharathindia's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    Nowadays when technology and science is reveiling the relation of superstitious belief to the reality then i think we must belive that every
    superstious thought is a practical implementation of reality and hence theres nothing called superstition.but there lies a scientific reason behind everything.

prayeshu's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

ENGINEER
    Thanks
    Thanked 84 Times
    in 51 Posts

For :
    Quote Originally Posted by prayeshu View Post
    Against :
    Nowadays when technology and science is reveiling the relation of superstitious belief to the reality then i think we must belive that every
    superstious thought is a practical implementation of reality and hence theres nothing called superstition.but there lies a scientific reason behind everything.

prayeshu's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here
    Can u justify killing human beings based upon superstitious belief or killing animals. There are lots of such Superstitious beliefs commonly prevalent in India.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times
    in 797 Posts

For :
    The Debate is officially over. however feel free to continue the discussion.
    There were some interesting points made on both sides.
    We hope you had an interesting, and enriching experience!

TestFunda's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

For :
    Quote Originally Posted by sbharathindia View Post
    For :
    Quote Originally Posted by ankurganjoo View Post
    Against :
    coming to astrology ...we can 't completely overrule wheter it is correct or not....but i beleive instead of bothering abt wht will happen 2morow ,we should live in today...if we are able to make our 2day beter ,our future ll be bright ...god krishna has said in Bhagwat Gita"do u work and leave the fruit of your action to god" always giv ur best ...why to boter abt astrology...

ankurganjoo's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here
    I think the question is whether the modern India believes in Astrology or not in this context it is yes.I think we cannot question about how correct astrological prediction is or some other related things.

xacly what i am saying dont bother abt it live ur life ....life is short so why dont we live in present .....i am not saying that we shd nt care abt future what i mean in if we make our present beter future will be grt...so why depend of astrology as we know every thng depends on our "karma"...our action will transform into wht fruit we receive ...

ankurganjoo's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

For :
    Quote Originally Posted by sbharathindia View Post
    For :
    Against :

Can u justify killing human beings based upon superstitious belief or killing animals. There are lots of such Superstitious beliefs commonly prevalent in India.

I don't see any logical or scientific reason behind people stopping in the middle of the road when a cat crosses by . Some beleifs may have a scientific angle to it , but not so many nonsensical beliefs like the ones I have cited above.

dipu02me's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Virtuoso
    Thanks

For :
    Modern India's belief in supersition has not decreased. In fact modern technologies are being used in this field also. To start any venture or company or any new work,proper advices are taken from numerologist & astrologist. After debacle of KKR in IPL 2,they have decided to the change the colour of jersey on the advice of Jurmanis so that their fate can change in this edition.There are many instances when people change their name so that it can bring good luck & fame to them.

ghochu123's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    Everything is well till we are happy to go with it but problem comes when there is a fear in mind when some of our superstitious or astrological beliefs go against us.People have to understand that "Every Problem has a Solution" so the relevance of all these things with science can be understood and appropriate solutions can be found to sort out the problems.

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

For :
    @ghchu123...i dont think that dong so has any effect on the results.......it is their hard work and karma which eventualy ll determine the result...it may seam it worked but it is coincidence.......but here i want to add that it has 1 + effect

1 on believing in it may think that he is gona ll ,their by incr. his confidence which may reflect in result but at the sam tim he may not work hard ant leave every thng astrology there by havng _ve effect...

ankurganjoo's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Master
    Locn
    calicut India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

For :
    Well it is natural for any person to have a belief in something larger than oneself. However the trouble arises when one blindly starts behaving in terms of this belief. It is sad but education is not serving to inculcate self belief in our times. Hence our country still believes in superstitions and astrology.

visalakshys's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    I am sorry ghochu 123 but this happens because people dont believe themselves and run after find the different ways to make things done in an easier or by making less efforts.see we can make things happen in our favour by working till we succeed but normally people get tired after two or three attempts and then thing that something is wrong with my fate so it is not happening but they never thing that there may be something wrong with there
    stratergy or the way there are working to get the appropriate result.

Neophyte
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    hey thats not true

wisher2's comment against the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    yes you are right Mr.sbharathindia there are some superstitions in india that has no base that could be only changed by educating people around and furthermore now india is developing we are understanding things.As india's is a vast economy it may take some time to change the mindset of people but it is sure to happen in future as you see that slowly form 20% educated to 40% then to 50% to now 61% and one day it will be 95%.

Neophyte
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    our literacy rate is somewhat70pc.we have tata,nanos,7.9 gdp growth world recognization thats all we want

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    then tell me what is the point in changing the name thinking that this would make a difference.

Neophyte
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    Against :
    then tell me what is the point in changing the name thinking that this would make a difference.

hey prayeshu i support u

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    thanks for updating.but then tell me how people blindly believe things rather than applying little of there conciousness so that they never get a chance to disappoint themself.so i think people have to think on practical ground.

Virtuoso
    Thanks

For :
    @Prayeshu
    There are many instances when people who have changed their named have achieved success. These precedents boldened them to do this kind of with.
    With regard to KKR ,they are a very good site capable of beating any other side in the IPL, yet they were relegated to the last.

ghochu123's comment in favor of the topic. To participate in debate please click here

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Pune India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Against :
    just by changing names if that happens then every one who is wondering for work,everyone who is unhappy with something or the other will change the name and have a great succesful life.there may be people who have changed names many times but nothing happened.