FORUM  
 
 
 
 
     Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes
 
Notices
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. #21
    Moderator nipunkesari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,219
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 47 Times
    in 35 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    Quote Originally Posted by sumit2goody
    Quote Originally Posted by giggs
    Hey does anyone have any of the previous fms question papers?
    If so, can u please mail it to me at ***snipped***
    I would be very grateful.
    have mailed you the paper enjoy
    hey sumit, please mail me previous fms papers too...
    plz mail me at ***snipped*** as soon as possible....
    Last edited by apoorv.sharma; 05-Mar-09 at 10:02 PM.
    “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”

  2. #22
    Moderator nipunkesari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,219
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 47 Times
    in 35 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    @sumit

    hey thanks sumit.... i have got quant section of 2007 paper....
    but something is better than nothing....

    thanks so much....
    “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”

  3. #23
    Virtuoso giggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times
    in 2 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    when will the results be announced?
    and will it be posted in their site?

  4. #24
    Available on PM sumit2goody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,033
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    Quote Originally Posted by giggs
    when will the results be announced?
    and will it be posted in their site?
    last year it was declared in second week of feb but there were errorneous questions so expecting around first week of feb this time
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

  5. #25
    Virtuoso giggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times
    in 2 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    how can we view the results?

  6. #26
    Available on PM sumit2goody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,033
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    Quote Originally Posted by giggs
    how can we view the results?
    are the results out?
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

  7. #27
    Virtuoso giggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times
    in 2 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    I don't know.. I'm asking will they be put up in their website when they're declared, or do we have to do something else?

  8. #28
    Available on PM sumit2goody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,033
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

    Post SOP for FMS and other colleges

    Quote Originally Posted by giggs
    I don't know.. I'm asking will they be put up in their website when they're declared, or do we have to do something else?
    i suppose it will be on their site and probaly we have to use our login password
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

  9. #29
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times
    in 11 Posts

    Default What is an SOP?

    I am in my last year of graduation. Can sum1 plz tell me what does SOP stand for? I have figured out its contents. Guess its to help the institute understand as to y a candidate wants admission in a particular college. But what is the long form of SOP?

  10. #30
    Virtuoso giggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times
    in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimiNaik View Post
    I am in my last year of graduation. Can sum1 plz tell me what does SOP stand for? I have figured out its contents. Guess its to help the institute understand as to y a candidate wants admission in a particular college. But what is the long form of SOP?
    SOP stands for statement of purpose.. U are supposed to write this, telling the university u're applying your goal or ambition. You also should add your field of interest, and briefly explain why u chose that particular field. Also u can state as to why you're applying to that particular university(this is optional i think..).
    Just check a couple of SOP's online and see if you're satisfied.

  11. #31
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times
    in 11 Posts

    Default Thanx giggs

    Thanks. I'll check out some of the SOPs. Then i'll be gettin a clearer picture i suppose.

  12. #32
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 25 Times
    in 18 Posts

    Default Time to restart this thread

    Hi Friends,

    Time to restart this thread

    Following is what I have come up with:
    =====
    I have always believed in power of ideas and as Thomas Edison said “The value of an idea lies in the using of it”. Coming from engineering background with robust technical and international exposure, I have realized that diversity is the key for coming up with new ideas and business knowledge is necessity for shaping a great idea into reality. These are also the pre-requisites that I require for taking up strategic roles. I believe that FMS, with its world class study environment can equip me with skills and business knowledge, required to fulfill my objectives.
    =====

    Above is 96 words and FMS is asking for about 150 words. Any new suggestions?
    More importantly, kindly perform critical review and check for any grammatical error.

    Waiting for suggestions

  13. #33
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 28 Times
    in 21 Posts

    Default

    i am a bit critical with reviews , so please bear with me.

    how did your engg provide you international exposure

    unless your college had some exchange programmes with foreign universities and you had pursued the same...

    or if it was an internship abroad

    or it was your work ex..dont think ur a work ex, since there is no mention of it in the post. In case you are , you need to mention the same.

    you say "have realized that diversity is the key for coming up" ...what kind of diversity are you referring to ...as in people from different cultures , religion and sects??
    Engineering in itself is a huge clutter, which tend to swarm B-schools
    ..they need diversity more than you ...In this case i guess u will be in a fix, since u are preventing diversity !


    necessity /necessary

    "required to fulfill my objectives."...there are no objectives explicitly mentioned...u have just said X,Y,Z are necessary for shaping a grt idea into reality and strategic roles..

    and one last thing..do sing some pangs of glory about FMS in addition to "world class study environment" which most institutes including LPU and IIPM seem to sing.. No offence meant to anyone , but FMS is class apart..so obviously better things have to be mentioned.


    In short i feel this SOP requires a lot of editing and a clear idea of WHY!


    PS: This is just my view and i am in no way close to an expert. Feel free to disagree and criticize this critic.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin.nitrkl For This Useful Post:

    ajay_h (10-Sep-10), funnyguyash (21-Sep-10)

  15. #34
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 25 Times
    in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sachin.nitrkl View Post
    i am a bit critical with reviews , so please bear with me.

    how did your engg provide you international exposure

    unless your college had some exchange programmes with foreign universities and you had pursued the same...

    or if it was an internship abroad

    or it was your work ex..dont think ur a work ex, since there is no mention of it in the post. In case you are , you need to mention the same.

    you say "have realized that diversity is the key for coming up" ...what kind of diversity are you referring to ...as in people from different cultures , religion and sects??
    Engineering in itself is a huge clutter, which tend to swarm B-schools
    ..they need diversity more than you ...In this case i guess u will be in a fix, since u are preventing diversity !


    necessity /necessary

    "required to fulfill my objectives."...there are no objectives explicitly mentioned...u have just said X,Y,Z are necessary for shaping a grt idea into reality and strategic roles..

    and one last thing..do sing some pangs of glory about FMS in addition to "world class study environment" which most institutes including LPU and IIPM seem to sing.. No offence meant to anyone , but FMS is class apart..so obviously better things have to be mentioned.


    In short i feel this SOP requires a lot of editing and a clear idea of WHY!


    PS: This is just my view and i am in no way close to an expert. Feel free to disagree and criticize this critic.
    Thanks for really good review .
    I am going to rework on this

    I have 5+ years of experience with 1 year international experience.
    And belief that, different experiences (technical as well as non-technical), different environment makes you creative; so I worked my SOP around that idea.

  16. #35
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 25 Times
    in 18 Posts

    Default

    Here is updated one:
    =====
    I have always believed in power of ideas and as Thomas Edison said “The value of an idea lies in the using of it”. Coming from engineering background with robust 5+ years of technical experience, which includes around 1 year of international experience, I have realized that experience in diverse areas, including technical and non-technical, immensely helps in coming up with new ideas and business knowledge is necessary for shaping a great idea into reality. These are also the pre-requisites that I require for taking up roles that affect, directly, the strategic business decisions of an organization. In addition, business management course will equip me with lot of valuable know-how which I believe will drastically improve success probability when I will start my own organization. I believe that FMS, with its world class faculty and prominent alumni can empower me with skills and business knowledge, required to fulfill my objectives.
    =====

    Thanks in advance for review comments

  17. #36
    Available on PM sumit2goody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,033
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 917 Times
    in 558 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajay_h View Post
    Here is updated one:
    =====
    I have always believed in power of ideas and as Thomas Edison said “The value of an idea lies in the using of it”. Coming from engineering background with robust 5+ years of technical experience, which includes around 1 year of international experience, I have realized that experience in diverse areas, including technical and non-technical, immensely helps in coming up with new ideas and business knowledge is necessary for shaping a great idea into reality. These are also the pre-requisites that I require for taking up roles that affect, directly, the strategic business decisions of an organization. In addition, business management course will equip me with lot of valuable know-how which I believe will drastically improve success probability when I will start my own organization. I believe that FMS, with its world class faculty and prominent alumni can empower me with skills and business knowledge, required to fulfill my objectives.
    =====

    Thanks in advance for review comments
    good enough...work on the ideas part ..u can be asked questions like..any new idea u have generated which has helped in ur org..etc..

    BEst of luck
    B-School Joiners,Please Click
    Moi Blog: (Taken a break) Dissociation
    Quant Thread RC ThreadVerbal Thread Leisure
    PGP Batch IIM Indore 2012

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to sumit2goody For This Useful Post:

    ajay_h (14-Sep-10)

  19. #37
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 25 Times
    in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumit2goody View Post
    good enough...work on the ideas part ..u can be asked questions like..any new idea u have generated which has helped in ur org..etc..

    BEst of luck
    Thanks for review comment and as well as heads up
    Positive comment from experts really helps.
    I really hope that interview goes in that direction (and before that I get required result )

  20. #38
    Stranger
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Locn
    Bengaluru / Bangalore India
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

    Default Help me with the SOP

    "CHANGE" is the only thing that has been constant. Today, is an era of Information and soon it will be something new tomorrow.
    Information is playing a vital role is almost all the industries of the world. So, its very critical to understand the dynamics of this industry.
    With a more than 2 years of experience in IT industry in IBM, I have came accross many verticals like process management, DBMS and customer satisfaction,
    which play a vital role in success of any IT company.

    With this experience, I would like to expand my horizon by opting for FMS, which has an excellent course structure that is aligned with the business
    requirements of today's world. This, alongwith an experienced faculty that FMS has, will empower me to sail through this challenging and ever-changing
    environment, thus providing me an excellent entry point in the field of Information Management.

  21. #39
    Aficionado
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

    Exclamation please review my SOP for FMS

    hi ppl especially sumit n virtuoso...this is first time i am writing the SOP , so i desperately needs ur valuable views.. please forgive me for any blunder if i have committed any..!! please do post ur views asap as i need to post my form..!!
    my sop goes lyk dis..!

    Ever-since I joined BE, after my stint in INDIAN Army ended unfortunately, I knew in my life I have to be more than just an electronic geek. I consider interacting with masses, organizing things and solving problems, which I developed during my tenure of 2yrs in army, as my forte. Thus my goal is to be Manager (HR).
    4Yrs. of BE has only made me more resolute and analytically stronger. Adding to it, my experience as an HR-Executive of the college, Secretary of the Robotics club, Chairman of Student Empowerment Council as well as being in-charge of college hostel committee and leading different college events which demanded time management skills, ability to manage individuals, prioritize things and stick to schedules, will come handy in my pursuit to be an MBA (HR).
    Through a degree in management (HR), I seek to get a strong foothold in business principles and ideologies that will help me make a mark in the industry.
    The knowledge base at FMS is a definite advantage that will foster my growth. The chance to work with like-minded people with burning ambitions would be an enormous learning experience. I am sure i would prove to be an asset for the institution and knowledge thus earned would help me attain my goal.


  22. #40
    Aficionado
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harshil.agrawal View Post
    hi ppl especially sumit n virtuoso...this is first time i am writing the SOP , so i desperately needs ur valuable views.. please forgive me for any blunder if i have committed any..!! please do post ur views asap as i need to post my form..!!
    my sop goes lyk dis..!

    Ever-since I joined BE, after my stint in INDIAN Army ended unfortunately, I knew in my life I have to be more than just an electronic geek. I consider interacting with masses, organizing things and solving problems, which I developed during my tenure of 2yrs in army, as my forte. Thus my goal is to be Manager (HR).
    4Yrs. of BE has only made me more resolute and analytically stronger. Adding to it, my experience as an HR-Executive of the college, Secretary of the Robotics club, Chairman of Student Empowerment Council as well as being in-charge of college hostel committee and leading different college events which demanded time management skills, ability to manage individuals, prioritize things and stick to schedules, will come handy in my pursuit to be an MBA (HR).
    Through a degree in management (HR), I seek to get a strong foothold in business principles and ideologies that will help me make a mark in the industry.
    The knowledge base at FMS is a definite advantage that will foster my growth. The chance to work with like-minded people with burning ambitions would be an enormous learning experience. I am sure i would prove to be an asset for the institution and knowledge thus earned would help me attain my goal.

    although here i have clearly mentioned my goal to an HR manager.. i am not sure n would like to decide about in at later stage of ma MBA.. i jst mentioned HR manager here just becoz ma activities and achievements inclined more towards it..!!

Similar Threads

  1. engineering colleges in hyderabad
    By mylapally in forum Puzzles, Riddles, etc - Exercise Those Grey Cells
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Aug-10, 6:13 PM
  2. cut offs for various MBA colleges
    By checha in forum B-Schools and Other MBA Related Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-Jan-10, 6:22 PM
  3. which colleges we should apply after the cat result..??
    By reetika1 in forum CAT/IIM related discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-Dec-09, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
©2008-2017   Enabilon Learning Private Limited. All rights reserved