FORUM  

Recent Posts  |   Recent Topics  |   FAQ  |   Search  |   Forum Actions  |   Quick Links Prizes

Notices

Master
    Thanks

Default Choosing the Best MBA Program

To be an exceptional among the others in times of recession or the worst of economic times you need to have your resume look different than others. This can be possible if you have an added on qualification of possessing MBA Degree added to your resume. This may be a little difficult as to go back to school after a long time, but the results that you will achieve from it will open doors of opportunities and potential for a successful career.
    Before taking this decision you will need to consider a few major issues:
    ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: What are the basic requirements for applicants for admission? You need to be sure that your qualification and work experience meet those requirements for an MBA Degree. The requirements may vary from college to college but 80% they are similar in all MBA Colleges. You might have to give them information of your achievements and failures that you faced in your work tenure. There are possibilities that you might have gain certain experience and then apply. So before you apply know the requirements in detail.
    FEES: Now you need to know the fees of the college, so that you know whether you pocket can allow you admission in this college. If NO then you will need to apply for an education loan. There are chances that fees might not be affordable but don’t forget my dear friend that the return of this investment will be for lifetime. So if you think this is the best place for your MBA Degree than apply for the education loan. Your earnings would be 5 times of what you have invested in the fees.
    LOCATION: Now you need to know the possibility of relocation, but don’t forget today to stay away from is not a difficult task, as you will be on your own and your management study starts from managing your life without your family and doing things on your own. And believe me if you do this well then all is going to be much easier than you must have even thought. Yes this decision of relocation can be a little difficult for a married person but if your family is ready to support then you can achieve what you want from life.
    TIME COMMITMENT: As you must be aware that an MBA Degree requires a lot of time for study and even the projects that you will have to do with your studies. So you need to be prepared to manage your time with your personal life and your college life. If you think you cannot do a full time MBA Degree than there is an option of doing part time MBA Degree or online MBA Degree. So then you need to decide for yourself the type you would like to choose.
    CURRICULUM: Once you have made a list of the MBA Colleges you would like to apply now is the time to look at their curriculum. What are their prime beliefs? What makes them different from other colleges? And before you conclude also see their list of electives they offer so that you are sure that the MBA College offers your choice of electives. Make sure that the MBA College that you have chosen gives you the best of knowledge and skills required in today’s professional world and the needs of the industry are also taught well to you.
    REPUTATION: All colleges will not have the same reputation nor will have be ranked the same. You will have to read a lot of newspapers, magazines and journals to know more about the college and its reputation. Business Magazines publish the rankings of the MBA Colleges and the programs they offer every year. Don’t make a hasty decision in choosing a college. See for yourself if all your personal requirements are met keeping in mind the rank of the MBA College. At the time of placement the reputation of the MBA College will make a major difference in your job and the salary offered by the companies. Thus, you can now decide the MBA Program that suits you the best keeping in mind all the factors mentioned above.

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

In today’s world “options” after graduation are never a problem. The only problem would be, not knowing what to choose in the platter offered to you. But if numbers excite you, and if you are looking for a career in the world of Finance, CRISIL CCAP is a specialized 2 year work cum study program just for you.

Apply to CRISIL's CCAP Program for graduates now! Academic Partner - NITIE,Mumbai. Stipend during Course, Assured Placement in CRISIL after the course: To Know more visit the website now

CRISIL CERTIFIED ANALYST PROGRAMME 2011-2013 | ABOUT CRISIL

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I am working in an IT firm and currently am the project manager. I was hoping to get promoted to a senior manager. Recently there has been a lot of hype about global/international MBA. What are the career prospects after doing an international MBA? Do we get to recover the ROI quickly and lead a luxurious life? None of my friends have done an MBA so I am kind of lost. Has anybody over here done a global MBA?

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I don’t think I understand your question. Are you talking about doing an MBA in international relations or a Global MBA or are you just talking about studying abroad? All the three are very different things. A Global MBA and MBA in international relations can be done from india itself.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

I meant a Global MBA not an MBA in international relations. Could you give me some details regarding this? I basically wanted to know the key differences between a GMBA and an MBA. And which would be a better option. Thanks in advance.

Stranger
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

A global MBA is an MBA which focuses on a lot of global exposure. This means the faculty is international. The students are a mixed bunch from different countries and nationalities. The curriculum is international and so are the placements due to the multiple locations of the colleges. That’s the distinct quality which makes a GMBA different from an MBA.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Also many colleges claim that they are offering a global MBA. This could just be a marketing technique. The schools way of attracting more students from different nationalities! Check out the factors why are they calling their MBA ‘global’. Do a thorough research. Talk to the alumni, the current students. It is very important that the school that you are opting for should offer what you have in mind.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Wow! I somewhat have a better picture of what a GMBA is. Do you guys know any good colleges which offer a GMBA and what is the “global” factor?

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

A few colleges that I am aware about which offer GMBA programs are Hult, Essec business school, SP Jain school of global management, XLRI,* Manchester Business school, Nanyang. You can do a quick google search and find out.

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Thanks a lot!

Neophyte
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

your welcome, i am glad i could help you!

Enthusiast
    Locn
    Mumbai India
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    in 0 Posts

Choosing an appropriate specialization and college are two main aspects of MBA.
    Kindly have a check on their recognition and accreditation.
    Last edited by TestFunda; 27-Apr-15 at 12:29 PM.